ResultsCalculated from: ANOVA_TwoWay_Pairwise_Comparisons.csv using R.IV 1
Privacy Terms of Service
- P-value: 0.001953125
- F (2, 18) = 9
Written in sentencesIV 1 had a significant effect on the result; F (2, 18) = 9.00, p < 0.005.
- P-value: 1e-09
- F (2, 18) = 81
IV 2 had a significant effect on the result; F (2, 18) = 81.00, p < 0.001.
There was not a significant interaction effect (p >= 0.05) between IV 1 and IV 2; F (4, 18) = 0.00, p = 1.00.Bonferronni-corrected pairwise significance (T-Test)Within IV 1, no pairwise significance was found (p >= 0.05).
Within IV 2, pairwise significance was found between old and mid (p < 0.001), young and mid (p < 0.001), and young and old (p < 0.001).Test assumptionsYour data must have these characteristics for this test to be valid.
1) The independent variables should have at least two independent categorical groups.
2) Dependent variable ("Value" column) is either an interval or a ratio variable.
3) Dependent variable is normally distributed for each category or group of the independent variables.
4) Variances between groups are equal.
Interpreting results: recommended readingsNeed a refresher? Start here!
1) Warning Signs in Experimental Design and Interpretation
2) Type I and Type II Errors