ResultsCalculated from: T_Test_Paired.csv using R.Group A:
mean: 101.37, standard deviation: 23.96, standard error: 7.58Group B:
mean: 84.62, standard deviation: 10.78, standard error: 3.41Mean difference:
0.0150Degrees of freedom:
2.9973Written as a sentenceThere was a significant difference between Group A and Group B (mean difference = 16.75), with a 95% confidence interval from 4.11 to 29.39; t (9) = 3.00, p < 0.05.Test assumptionsYour data must have these characteristics for this test to be valid.
1) The values in each group are normally distributed.
2) Values on the same row are from the same subject.
3) A minimum of ten samples is recommended.
Note: the Welch's T-Test variant was used for this calculation.Interpreting results: recommended readingsNeed a refresher? Start here!
1) Warning Signs in Experimental Design and Interpretation
2) Type I and Type II Errors